| || |
Accepting responsibility, assuming ownership and taking full accountability for all our actions, whether decisions or behaviors in the delivery of services and management of resources, in our public and private spheres in whatever level we are in the organization.
Accountability / Empowerment
Its Investors are its principals, and therefore, the trust they have placed in the company must be honored. The Company has the responsibility to:
- Apply professional and diligent management to ensure the financial viability of the company and maintain a fair and competitive return for its investors; and
- Conserve and enhance its investors' assets, and fulfill and safeguard their interest.
| || |
Faithfully and fully living up to all responsibilities and obligations as employees of a power and energy company; behaving at all times in accordance with ethical and corporate governance standards.
Integrity / Transparency
The Suppliers and Creditors are its business partners and, therefore, the relationship with them must be based on mutual respect and benefit. The Company has the responsibility to:
- Foster long-term stability, direct relation and continuous development with suppliers to attain quality, competitiveness, process efficiency and performance reliability;
- Seek fairness, truthfulness, integrity and transparency in all of its business dealings with them; and
- Seek, encourage and prefer suppliers whose business practices respect human dignity and the environment.
| || |
Harmonious collaboration, synergy and motivation among our people at all levels and across all activities; moving with a greater sense of purpose and sharing responsibility for the Company’s success towards “One Meralco”.
Teamwork / Collegiality
The Competitors are its catalyst toward continuing service excellence and, therefore, the competition with them should be fair and honest, a basic requirement for national development in the distribution of products and services to the community. The Company has the responsibility to:
- Promote behavior that demonstrates mutual respect among competitors; and
- Maintain the highest level of business ethics and integrity.
| || |
Identifying ourselves with the Company; giving total dedication and commitment to Meralco as exemplified by performing our very best in every endeavor; with great concern for the Company, its resources and its stakeholders – customers, employees, investors and the communities we serve.
The Community is its business environment and the society it serves. The Company has the responsibility to:
- Uphold and maintain at all times the highest standards of business ethics;
- Fulfill with dedication and commitment its social responsibilities;
- Undertake activities that support and contribute to the economic and social development of the country;
- Employ proactive measures and cooperate with the government and non-government institutions in activities to serve society towards a collective benefit.
| || |
Commitment to making a positive impact in the lives of the Filipino people by doing our share in the interest of nation-building and undertaking high-impact initiatives that support and contribute to the economic and social development of the country.
Employ proactive measures and cooperate with the government and non-government institutions in activities to serve society towards a collective benefit.
- Help the government in its efforts and programs towards raising investor confidence, developing the capital market, and ensuring high sustained economic growth through good corporate governance.
- Observe and comply at all times with the orders, rules and regulations of the government, its agencies and instrumentalities, in the pursuit of its utility objectives and other corporate endeavors;
- Institutionalize sound environmental practices in collaboration with the concerned government agencies and encourage other corporations/organizations to support all programs for an effective environmental management system.