Who We Are
Our Company is the largest electric distribution utility in the Philippines.
We celebrate our 110th year in service in 2013.
We power 5,189,247 customers.
Our footprint covers 9,337 km2
- Home to approximately 25% of Philippine population
- About 50% of Philippine Gross Domestic Product (GDP) generated within the Meralco franchise
- 60% of Philippine manufacturing output produced within the franchise
- Accounts for nearly 75% of Luzon's and 55% of Philippine energy sales
- Social, political and economic center of the Philippines
- Strong organic growth
Our sales revenue was PhP285.3 billion in 2012, equivalent to US$6.8 billion.
Our market capitalization at year-end 2012 was PhP293.7 billion, equivalent to US$7.2 billion.
Our Company recorded all-time best levels in sales, operational and financial performance in 2012.
We aim to be the total energy solutions provider of choice.
Our Growth Pillars
- Core Electricity Distribution Service
- Power Generation
- Retail Electricity Supplier
- Franchise Expansion
- Innovative Solutions