Account TypesHere the different rate classes applicable to distinct customer groups are defined according to the purpose of use, load characteristics, and rate. With this information, you will be able to identify the appropriate rate class to be applied for your particular account.
Meralco Charges consists of Distribution, Supply and Metering Charges. Meralco rates vary according to rate class and voltage level.
Residential Service (RS)Residential Service rates apply to the following:
- For residential customers using electricity for all domestic purposes in a single family dwelling [a dwelling unit is considered as having one (1) kitchen];
- for individually metered apartments and those facilities for not more than a three (3) family structure or compound which are used in common when connected to the meter serving one of the apartments;
- for residential family dwellings in a family compound served under a single meter;
- for a single family dwelling when the family accommodates non-members, provided the floor space occupied by the non-members is not more than that (floor space of common use excluded) occupied by the family;
- temporary service for the construction of a single family dwelling, all including accessory facilities (garage, servants’ quarters, pumps, swimming pools, etc.) served through the same meter that serves the premises to which they are accessory.
General Service (GS)
For non-residential customers with a connected load of less than 5,000 watts.
Non-Industrial Service (NIS)For non-industrial customers with a minimum demand of five (5) kilowatts for general power, heating and/or lighting.
Non-industrial customers are establishments wherein the main economic activity is agriculture, construction, trading, transportation operation and administration, communication services, storage and warehousing, waterworks and supply, financial services, real estate, restaurant and hotel services, and other community, social, and personal services.
Industrial Service (IS)For industrial customers with a minimum demand of (5) kilowatts for general power, heating and/or lighting.
Industrial customers are establishments wherein the main economic activity is mining and quarrying, manufacturing and processing, electricity generation and distribution, and gas and steam manufacturing.
Government Hospitals and Metered Streetlights (GHMS)
- For government-owned metered streetlighting services for public streets;
- for government-owned hospitals duly registered and certified by the Bureau of Medical Services;
- for Rizal Park and other parks under the National Park Development Authority consisting of the following: 1) Burham Park, New Luneta; 2) South Boulevard; 3) Halamang Pilipino, Finance Building, Gen. Luna; 4) T. M. Kalaw; 5) Paco Cemetery, Gen. Luna, Paco; 6) Fort Santiago, Sta. Clara cor. Arsobispo, Intramuros, 7) Rizal Monument, Old Luneta for general lighting, heating and/or power purposes;
- for facilities of charitable institutions duly registered and certified by the Department of Social Welfare and Development;
- for all government-owned traffic lights within the territory being served by the company.