Applying for Service
How to apply for Ordinary Service Application for Residential Customers
- Complete the application form. You may download the form here or visit any Meralco Business Center.
- Submit the completed form, together with the following requirements, to the Meralco Business Center nearest the home being applied for:
- Original and Photocopy of one valid ID with picture and signature
- Original and Photocopy of Proof of Ownership or Occupancy (e.g. Transfer Certificate of Title, Notarized Deed of Sale or Lease Contract, etc.)
- Signed copy of Waiver (You may get the waiver from the Business Center or sign it upon submission of the documents)
If you are a tenant, you will also be required to submit the original copy of a notarized Undertaking form. This form is also available at the Meralco Business Center.
- You will be given a Service Application Number. This will serve as your reference number when you would like to follow-up on the status of your application.
- A field representative will conduct a feasibility survey of your home. Please make sure that an authorized representative is present.
- Once approved, you will be advised to prepare and pay for your Bill Deposit.
- The bill deposit is equivalent to an estimated one month bill.
- Visit the Business Center to pay for your bill deposit, sign the service contract and get your meter socket.
- Install the service entrance. This may be done by your private contractor or by the Accredited Meralco Contractor. For more information about the Accredited Meralco Contractor, please visit www.amc.org.ph
The Service Entrance must comply with Meralco standards. The business center will provide you with an installation guide, together with the meter socket. You may also download the guide here.
- Once installed, please email your Service Application Number to your assigned business center. A field representative will visit to ensure that the service entrance meets the standard requirements of Meralco.
You will be given an advice card (yellow card). This will reflect whether your service entrance is approved for energization or will need some necessary corrections.
If reworks are needed, please make sure that the recommendations written in the advice card are followed. Once completed, kindly inform the Business Center for inspection.
- Once service entrance is approved, you will need to submit the Certificate of Final Electrical Inspection. You may get this from your respective local government unit. The advice card may be required in securing the certificate.
You may also get the services of the Accredited Meralco Contractor. For more information, you may visit www.amc.org.ph
- A Meralco crew will visit you within 3 working days to energize your home.